AMSA Releases Issue Three of Industry Trends
The newest edition of Industry Trends has been released and it focuses on the southwestern part of the United States, where economic conditions are different within the states in that region. While Nevada and parts of California are still struggling, states such as Wyoming, Utah, and New Mexico have been quite profitable. What was a main reason for Nevada and California’s struggle? Mostly the housing crisis.
Here are some statistics from the article:
- Shipment volume decreased 10.2% from September 2012 vs. 2011.
- The top three housing markets from the same timeframe are Phoenix, Detroit and Minneapolis.
- Average commercial shipment weight has increased 3.2% from January-September 2012 vs. 2011.
- Home sales have increased 11.0% from September 2012 vs. 2011.
- More new homes have been sold in the 2nd quarter of 2012.
- The state with the highest unemployment rate in the southwest is Nevada at 11.2%, with California following at 9.7%.
For the full copy of this report, please visit www.promover.org.