Arpin Celebrates The 2nd Annual Arpin Earth Week
Last year, the Arpin Sustainability Committee held the first ever Arpin Earth Week and since it was such a hit, we just had to hold it again! From April 18-22, Arpin employees were treated to a different event each day that involved green and sustainable practices.
Here were the events:
- Monday – E-Waste Collection: Electronics were collected and will be properly recycled.
- Tuesday – Employee Recycling Contest: Last year, a total of 920 cans and bottles were recycled. This year, we reached 1,467 recycled items, which was 59% more this time around!
- Wednesday – Tote Bag Day: Employees exchanged plastic bags for a reusable tote bag.
- Thursday – Shredding Collection: The Arpin Sustainability Committee took care of any documents that were dropped off for shredding. There were two giant bags worth once finished!
- Friday – Swap Meet Raffle & Wear Green Day: Employees donated items that could be raffled to someone else that will put them to a better use. Over 60 items were donated and will go to a new home. Along with the raffle, employees celebrated the day by wearing green!
Also, today happens to be Earth Day! It’s the 46th year that Earth Day has been celebrated and events are happening all over the world. Looking for an event in your area? Click here.
It’s very impressive to see the level of participation that occurred this year. Whenever you have an event for the first time, you know you can make it better the next and that’s exactly what the Arpin Sustainability Committee did. Thank you to everyone that attended and contributed to the events. We couldn’t have done it without you!