Do You Know These Valentine’s Day Stats?
First and foremost, here is your final reminder: Valentine’s Day is this weekend! If you somehow forgot, you now have less than 48 hours to get a plan of action together. Plenty of time…we’re all about positivity here.
However, if you don’t plan on celebrating the holiday this year, you’re not the only one! 39% of Americans* are in the same boat.
Here are some other fun numbers and stats about Valentine’s Day for 2016:
- $13.29 billion – The average amount spent in the U.S.
- 180 million – Number of cards exchanged annually
- 198 million – Average number of roses produced
- Cards, Candy, & Dining/Eating Out – Top 3 most given gifts (52.1%, 47.5%, 34.6% respectively and allowing for multiple gifts given)
- 24,600 – Number of florists nationwide
For more statistics, click here.
In the event that your significant other gives you a new house this year, we’d be happy to move you there! Wishful thinking though, right?
*All statistics provided in this post came from the Statistic Brain Research Institute.