Earth Day By The Numbers
This Saturday, April 22, 2017, marks the 47th anniversary of Earth Day! Since its creation in 1969, events take place all around the world to promote green practices and sustainability. To give you more of an insight, the U.S. Census Bureau complied data relevant for the event.
Here are a few incredible statistics:
- In 2014, there were 1,183 hydroelectric, wind, geothermal, biomass, solar, and other electric power generation businesses in existence
- The number of employees spanning these companies totaled to 12,456.
- In 2015, 106,737 housing units across the country were using solar energy as their primary source of heat.
- This totaled to 0.1% of all homes.
- Also in 2015, 885,188 people rode a bicycle to work.
- This totaled to 0.6% of American workforce.
To see a full list of statistics, click here.
Also, to learn more about Earth Day, click here.
Next week, Arpin will participate in their 3rd Annual Arpin Earth Week. We’ll have a recap of the events in our next blog post, so be on the lookout for that!