“I would like to thank you for your help and assistance with this relocation. I am happy to say that this has been by far, the smoothest relocation I have ever had. I am not kidding. From day one, everything has been taken care of extremely well. The delivery went well. Apparently, nothing has suffered or has been damaged. Thank you again for your great work. It has been a real pleasure to be assisted by you and Arpin!”
“This was my first major move and I was not as prepared as I should have been, but your guys were so helpful and understanding. They were so efficient and amazing. They worked quickly, and truthfully, it was a pleasure having them. From the moment they walked in, I felt comfortable and knew I was in good hands. You run an unbelievable business.”
1. Arpin Group is currently remodeling and expanding its Corporate Headquarters in Rhode Island, U.S.A. The larger, remodeled facility will feature solar panels installed on the roofs of both the main building and adjacent 100,000 square foot warehouse facility. Moreover, the expansion will enable the company’s domestic and international divisions to be housed at one location. Throughout the remodeling efforts, Arpin is complying with the U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED certification standards. LEED certification is the recognized standard for measuring a building’s sustainability.
At the beginning of 2010, the company completed the process of retrofitting the interior of its headquarters and warehouse in Rhode Island, U.S.A. with new lighting and sensors. This effort will allow Arpin Group to reduce greenhouse gases (CO2) by 299,245 lbs. or 136 mT annually. The estimated annual savings are 272,040.62 KWH and $31,400. This initiative will be implemented across all Arpin Group companies.
2. Installed the first electric car charging station in Rhode Island to provide drivers of plug-in electric and hybrid cars with a place to receive a booster charge. Arpin is providing the service to the public free of charge and considers this a first step towards building Rhode Island’s electric vehicle infrastructure.
3. In 2009, Arpin Group reduced its emissions of carbon dioxide by 7% in comparison to 2008. In 2009, Arpin offset 485 mT in comparison to 518 mT in 2008. (One metric ton (mT) of carbon dioxide is equal to 2,205 lb of carbon dioxide).
4. Completely retrofitted Arpin International Group’s Boston, MA location using green building materials. The company has plans to continue these initiatives in all remaining properties.
5. All Arpin Group companies use only recycled paper for printing and buy and distribute only earth-friendly promotional products.
6. By investing over $2M in IT upgrades, Arpin Group has virtually eliminated the need for internal and external printing with our customers and vendors. We are on our way to becoming a paperless company.
7. Arpin Group has implemented a “Green Loan” program for its employees making it possible for them to receive low-interest loans from the company for energy-saving home improvements and hybrid automobile purchases.
8. All Arpin Group locations recycle cans and glass.
9. Arpin Group is working to sign a national and international agreement with a plastics' recycling company to take in and reuse all of its shrinkwrap and bubble wrap. In fact, Arpin Group’s Worldwide Headquarters has already accomplished a zero waste output from all moves performed; that is, every element (wood, cardboard, paper, plastic, shrinkwrap, etc.) is recycled. And, the company only purchases those aforementioned materials from companies that support sustainable forestry. Further, all new packing materials purchased by Arpin are required to be at minimum 30% post consumer content.
10. Arpin has formed an R&D company, Arpin Renewable Energy, LLC., to create innovative solutions to further reduce its carbon footprint. Currently, the company is working with a roofing company to retrofit its fleet of trailers with solar collection material. The solar energy generated will feed a unit’s batteries and eliminate all vehicle idling.
11. Arpin Group has joined the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) SmartWaySM program as a logistics company (Arpin International Group, Inc.) and is working towards joining as a carrier (Arpin Van Lines, Inc.). SmartWaySM is an innovative approach to addressing the U.S. EPA’s environmental mandates and involves working with diverse partners to help identify products and services that reduce transportation-related emissions.
12. In 2008-2009, Arpin partnered with TerraPass to purchase carbon offsets. TerraPass is a company that assists organizations to define changes they can make to reduce their emissions and to qualify their work for carbon crediting. TerraPass also specializes in helping people reduce the climate impact of their driving. During its partnership, Arpin Group purchased enough offsets to completely eliminate the carbon imprint of all of its offices worldwide including through employee travel and commuting.
13. Since 2008, Arpin Group has sponsored six e-waste recycling collections, three of which were charity events that raised monies for Rhode Island-based non-profit organizations Save The Bay and Audubon Society. The events, open to all RI residents and businesses, have resulted in the collection of over 80,000 lbs. of e-waste, which would have otherwise been sent to the Central Landfill. Working in partnership with Office Recycling Solutions, collected items were reused or disposed of properly. The company is currently working on taking e-waste collection nationwide by engaging members of its agency family in the program.
14. Since 2007, Arpin Group has co-sponsored tree planting events with the RI Tree Council and other area businesses. Arpin has donated over 100 trees, which have been planted at state parks by Arpin employees and others assisted by professional arborists. The RI Tree Council presented the company with an Award of Appreciation – Bronze Sponsor for its efforts.
Arpin is committed to reducing moving waste and giving back to the planet.
Check out Arpin's "Green Moving Benefits."