Arpin's second annual "Moving With Arpin" contest is here! Following the great success we had last year, we’re excited to see this year's entries. Therefore, it's time to put on your creative hats and show us your directorial skills.
We will follow the same guidelines from last year: entries submitted will be shared through our YouTube® channel, where fans will be able to vote for their favorite video! The winning submission will receive $3,000 in cash!
There will also be second and third place winners, who will win $500 and $250 cash respectively.
New this year will be the "Arpin's Choice" prize. The winner will be chosen by a panel at Arpin, based on a variety of factors. The amount? $1,000 cash!
Check out our winner from last year:
If you want to see the great submissions from last year, click here
Do you have what it takes to win this year?
Rules are simple:
- Videos are to be between 30-60 seconds in length.
- Must be about why someone should choose Arpin as their mover.
- Videos can be funny or serious, as long as they focus on the contest theme.
- The video must display "arpin.com" for at least three seconds at the end of the video.
- All video files are welcome.
- The video with the most "likes" on our YouTube channel during the voting period will win first prize. Second and third prize go to the videos that finish second and third respectively with "likes".
- The video selected by a panel at Arpin will win the "Arpin’s Choice" prize.
- February 3, 2014: The contest begins.
- March 31, 2014: Submission deadline.
- April 2, 2014: Videos will be hosted on the Arpin Van Lines YouTube® channel.
- May 2, 2014: Voting ends.
- May 7, 2014: Winners will be contacted.
For more information, email us at email@example.com
“Moving With Arpin” Video Contest Rules and Regulations
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE ODDS OF WINNING.
The “Moving With Arpin” Contest begins at 12:01 a.m. (Eastern Time) February 3, 2014, and concludes at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Time) March 30, 2014. All entries must be submitted by the contest deadline. Late entries will not be accepted.
The "Moving With Arpin" Contest is open to all legal residents of the United
States who are aged eighteen years old (18) or older as of February 3, 2014. A
person who complies with all the eligibility rules shall be referred to as "Entrant."
Employees and their immediate family (parent, child, sibling, and spouse of each)
and individuals residing in the same household (whether or not related) of Arpin
Van Lines, Inc. employees and its subsidiaries are not eligible to participate in this
Contest. Agents of Arpin Van Lines and their immediate families are not eligible to
participate. Other moving companies are not eligible to participate in this Contest.
All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
Agreement to Official Rules
By participating in the Contest, Entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or
Administrators, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. The award of a prize is contingent upon Entrant complying with all
conditions and fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Videos must be between 30 to 60 seconds in length and reflect the theme of the competition—Moving With Arpin—by showing what you consider to be a key
part of a move or as an advertising piece. Focus your topic on one or more of the following areas:
- Green Moving. You can learn more about our green initiatives by going to www.arpin.com/index.php/about/green_initiatives
- Things to do before moving
- Arpin’s competitive advantage
- Anything related to the moving process
- Videos can be funny or serious, as long as they focus on the Contest theme.
- Make sure your video ends by displaying arpin.com’s website for at least three seconds.
- Videos must not contain violence, profanity, sex, or direct attacks on individuals or organizations. Videos should contain a positive message. Blatant
commercial advertising or product placement in videos is not acceptable.
- The video must be your own original creation. No copyrighted music, video, or images may be used in the video.
- Videos must not infringe on any third party rights.
- Videos must not have been produced for compensation.
- Entrants must complete a Contest entry form available on www.arpin.com/movingwitharpin to be eligible. This form must provide valid contact
- By submitting a video to this Contest, you grant to Arpin Van Lines, Inc. a royalty-free license to copy, distribute, modify, display, and perform
publicly and otherwise use, and authorize others to use, your video for any advertising and educational purpose throughout the world and in any media.
- Arpin Van Lines, Inc. will disqualify any entries it deems to contain offensive material.
- Entries must be received by March 30, 2014 before before 11:59 P.M. EST.
- Videos will be posted on the Arpin Van Lines’ YouTube channel by April 2, 2014 after 12:00 P.M. EST. Winner will be determined by the most "Likes."
- The voting process will conclude on May 2, 2014 by 11:59 P.M.. All "Likes" received after this time will not be valid.
ineligible and will not be posted.
After completing and agreeing to the terms and conditions, you can submit your video via online form by March 30, 2014.
- WebM files - Vp8 video codec and Vorbis Audio codecs
- .MPEG4, 3GPP and MOV files - Typically supporting h264, mpeg4 video codecs, and AAC audio codec
- .AVI - Many cameras output this format - typically the video codec is MJPEG and audio is PCM
- .MPEGPS - Typically supporting MPEG2 video codec and MP2 audio
.FLV - Adobe-FLV1 video codec, MP3 audio
Voting will begin on April 2, 2014 at 12:00 P.M. EST and will close on May 2, 2014 at
11:59 p.m.. The video with the most Likes will be named the winner. Finalists will be
contacted by May 7, 2014 via the e-mail address they submitted in the online entry form. The Contest sponsor will not be
responsible for failed attempts to contact the selected entrants.
Prizes will be as follows:
First Place: $3,000 cash
Second Place: $500 cash
Third Place: $250 cash
Arpin’s Choice: $1,000 cash
The Arpin’s Choice prize will be voted on by members at Arpin headquarters based on a variety of categories, which will include number of “Likes”, creativity, and originality.
Group entries will be accepted, but it will be up to the group to divide the prize winning among participants, if applicable.
All videos submitted, whether as a winning entry or not, may be used by Arpin Van Lines, Inc. in whole or in part, royalty free, in any printed or
electronic media and in promotional materials, including recruitment and online publications.
All entries must be original, unpublished, and created solely by the submitting entrant(s) and not violate the intellectual property rights, copyright, or
right of property of any third party. Copyrighted materials will not be accepted.
Arpin Van Lines, Inc. reserves the right, at its discretion, to disqualify anyone found:
- Tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, YouTube, or the website promoting the Contest.
- Acting in violation of the Rules and Regulations.
- Acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person.
- Caution: Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operations of the giveaway is in violation of criminal
and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law.
Personal information provided by the entrant will be used by Arpin Van Lines, Inc.’s Contest Managers to administer the Contest, and will not be used for
any other reason.