5 Steps to Safely Move During the Pandemic
At Arpin Van Lines our number one priority is the health and safety of our customers and moving teams. COVID-19 has required all of our agents to adjust the ways that they usually conduct business. Our agents across the country are adhering to CDC safety guidelines and protocols, ensuring a safer moving environment for everyone. While moving companies are working at great lengths to protect their teams and customers, there are some things that you can do in addition at home to create a safer moving process. Here are five steps that you can take to safely move during the pandemic.
- Limit contact – in the days and weeks leading up to moving day, be mindful of the number of people that you come into contact with. Making less trips to the store and avoiding crowded spaces will lower your risk of infection, as well as bringing undetected viral germs into your home. Limit the number of people allowed in your home for several weeks before the move. Traditionally, people often request help from friends and neighbors while they are packing and getting ready to move. Now is an important time to avoid unnecessary foot traffic at home.
- Maintain six feet apart – social distancing is key when movers are in your home. They will be mindful to remain six feet away from you on moving day.
- Wear a mask – all of the world’s experts suggest the wearing a mask severely limits the risk of infection. Keep one on throughout the moving process.
- Sanitize – wash your hands often and wipe down any surfaces that get touched a lot. Sanitizing in intervals as movers use door handles and touch countertops will be helpful.
- Wear gloves – this is especially important while unpacking. Boxes that have been handled by moving crews should be unpacked with gloves on and furniture should be sanitized. If you don’t want to wear gloves, avoid touching your face throughout the unpacking process.
These steps will help you safely move during the pandemic. While it may not be under the most ideal terms, rest assured that Arpin and our agents are doing everything we can to keep our customers safe. You can read about our COVID response plan to learn more.
Find an Arpin Agent
Find an Arpin Mover in your area.