Founded in 1900, Arpin Group, Inc. is the holding company for Arpin Van Lines, Arpin International Group, Creative Storage Solutions, and Arpin Renewable Energy, LLC. Headquartered in Rhode Island, Arpin is a leader in the household goods moving industry with over 385 domestic U.S. agents and Strategic Service Centers located throughout the world.
With a reputation for providing excellent service and a unique focus on preserving the environment, Arpin Group is the only U.S.-based, family-owned and operated moving and storage company that has remained dominant and successful for more than a century.
- 1900 – Paul Arpin & Sons is formed in Providence, RI, by Paul X. Arpin Prior to that, Paul had been delivering coal and ice in the city of Providence for about five years. His family had come from Drummondville, Quebec in the late 1880’s.
- 1941 – Paul’s grandson, also named Paul, succeeded his grandfather as President of the company.
- 1955 – Paul Arpin & Sons becomes an agent for North American Van Lines.
- 1962 – Paul Arpin & Sons becomes a national van line and changes its name to Paul Arpin Van Lines.
- 1979 – David Arpin, son of Paul Arpin, joined the company after finishing his college education and spending several years as a long distance driver for the company.
- 1981– Peter Arpin joined the company after spending several years in broadcasting.
- 1983 – Built and moved into its new world headquarters.
- 1989 – Paul Arpin Van Lines establishes its international freight forwarding services. Arpin International Group is born.
- 1990 – Paul Arpin Van Lines gains its first rating as #1 in overall customer satisfaction by the nation’s leading consumer information publication.
- 1991 – David Arpin succeeded his father as President & CEO of Paul Arpin Van Lines.
- 1993 – Arpin Moving Systems opens its doors to service the Canada-US cross-border moving services’ market.
- 1997 – Inc. Magazine/MCI Grand National Award winner for superior customer focus.
- 1999 – Paul Arpin Van Lines, Inc. becomes the nation’s 7th largest household goods carrier.
- 2000 – Paul Arpin Van Lines, Inc. celebrates its 100 year anniversary.
- 2002 – Paul Arpin Van Lines becomes Arpin Van Lines, Inc.
- 2004 – Arpin International Group opens its first international office in Kent, England.
- 2005 – Arpin Van Lines continues to grow and becomes the 5th largest U.S.-based household goods carrier in the United States.
- 2006 – The Arpin companies merge under one holding group, Arpin Group, Inc., and the second international office is opened in Singapore.
- 2007 – Creative Storage Solutions is created to service the global storage needs of multinational corporations and third party move management companies. Arpin International Group continues its global expansion opening Strategic Service Centers in Toronto, Canada; Hong Kong, China; and Wiesbaden, Germany.
- 2008 – Arpin Broadcast Network, LLC, launches the first web-based television network geared towards the moving industry; Arpin Group formally implements a company-wide initiative of “going green.”
- 2009 – Arpin Renewable Energy (ARE) was established to manage and implement all green initiatives across Arpin Group’s subsidiaries. ARE is the first research and development company within the moving and storage industry that is dedicated to developing green technologies to address climate change and bring clean energy to the transportation industry. Arpin Van Lines is certified as ProMover by the industry’s trade group the American Moving and Storage Association (AMSA).
- 2010 – The Arpin Moving Academy (AMA) is established as an advanced training module that is built on a web-based platform. AMA sets new benchmarks for quality and performance and mandates all personnel physically handling a shipment successfully complete the training program.
- 2011 – Arpin Van Lines unveils the Agency Resource Center (ARC), a one-stop resource for its agents, drivers, and corporate employees. The ARC centralizes all critical information including training and testing materials, required forms, online background check initiations, marketing materials, and more. Arpin Group rolls out Arpin PrimeSource®, a patented state-of-the-art integrated software system which helps to streamline the relocation process by utilizing efficient bar code scanning technology, resulting in a virtually paperless system.
- 2012 – Arpin Group completed a major construction and green renovation project of its global headquarters in Rhode Island, USA. The company installed a new state-of-the-art 174kW solar array on the company’s warehouse rooftop generating more than 40% of the energy necessary to operate both buildings located on the Arpin campus.
- 2013 – Arpin Group established the Arpin Charitable Fund, d/b/a ArpinStrong, a 5013c organization focused on helping those in need during natural disasters or when other unfortunate circumstances arise.
- 2014 – Arpin Group’s HQ is powered by 100% clean and renewable energy and in the fall of this year, Arpin International Group opened its first Middle-eastern Customer Care Center in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.