- 1900 – Paul Arpin & Sons is formed in Providence, RI, by Paul X. Arpin. Prior to that, Paul had been delivering coal and ice in the city of Providence for about five years. His family had come from Drummondville, Quebec in the late 1880s.
- 1941 – Paul’s grandson, also named Paul, succeeds his grandfather as president of the company.
- 1955 – Paul Arpin & Sons becomes an agent for North American Van Lines.
- 1962 – Paul Arpin & Sons becomes a national van line and changes its name to Paul Arpin Van Lines.
- 1979 – David Arpin, son of Paul Arpin, joins the company after finishing his college education and spending several years as a long distance driver for the company.
- 1981 – Peter Arpin joins the company after spending several years in broadcasting.
- 1990 – The company gains its first rating as #1 in overall customer satisfaction by the nation’s leading consumer information publication.
- 1991 – David Arpin succeeds his father as President & CEO of Paul Arpin Van Lines.
- 1997 – Inc. Magazine/MCI Grand National Award names the company a winner for superior customer focus.
- 1999 – Paul Arpin Van Lines, Inc. becomes the nation’s seventh largest household goods carrier.
- 2000 – The company celebrates its 100 year anniversary.
- 2002 – Paul Arpin Van Lines becomes Arpin Van Lines, Inc.
- 2005 – Arpin Van Lines, Inc., continues to grow and becomes the fifth largest U.S.-based household goods carrier in the United States.
- 2009 – Arpin Van Lines, Inc., is certified as ProMover by the industry’s trade group the American Moving and Storage Association (AMSA).
- 2020 – The Wheaton Group purchases Arpin Van Lines, Inc., making Arpin Van Lines, Inc., part of the fourth largest household goods carrier in the United States.
Find an Arpin Agent
Find an Arpin Mover in your area.