7 Packing Tips for Your Summer Trip
Summer is a great time to take a trip. Whether you’re hitting the road or flying the friendly skies, we have come up with seven packing tips to help make your trip more enjoyable.
- Wash your clothing before you begin the packing process. Making sure that all of your clothes are clean and ready to pack will make packing much easier.
- Pack your toiletries in smaller, travel-friendly containers. When packing liquids, such as shampoo and conditioner, we recommend putting a layer of plastic wrap over the opening before putting the cap on and packing your liquids in a sealed plastic bag. This will keep your clothing and shoes protected in the event that there is a leak.
- If you’re flying, pack a small carry-on with a change of clothes, toothbrush, necessary medications, pajamas, basic toiletries, and a charger for your cell phone. If your flight is disrupted or your luggage is lost, you’ll at least have the essentials.
- Use packing cubes to help maximize space and keep your luggage organized. Our friends at “Travel and Leisure” have some folding tips to help you save even more space. Click here for a great tutorial on how to properly roll your clothes for efficient packing.
- Pack snacks. Airport food can be pricey, and you never know what type of food you’ll find at a roadside gas station. By packing your own snacks, you’re guaranteed to have a treat that you enjoy on hand.
- If you’re driving, pack a case of bottled water in your car. Bottled water can keep you and your passengers hydrated, and it will come in handy in the event of your vehicle overheating. If you’re flying, pack an empty water bottle. Once you pass through security, visit the water fountain and fill it up to stay hydrated.
- If you’re traveling with children, pack some fun activities to keep them occupied. Playing classic games, such as I-spy and tic-tac-toe, can help keep kids entertained.
Wherever your travels take you, we hope you have a safe and memorable time. And, when it comes time to pack for your move, your Arpin Van Lines’ mover has well-trained, qualified packers ready to do the job for you. If you decide to do some or all of the packing yourself, be sure to download our Pack Like A Professional brochure that will provide you with helpful guidelines to ensure the safe transport of your belongings.