Cross Country Moving Tips & Preparation
A cross country or long distance move requires a lot of planning and preparation if you want it to go smoothly. How to pack, what to make special arrangements for, and the timing of it all come into play. At Arpin we specialize in long distance cross country moving so you can trust that the following tips will get you prepared for your next relocation.
Long Distance Moving Tips
- Start now – the longer you wait to begin the planning process, the more likely it is that you will feel stress come moving day. Contact your moving company a few months in advance, and begin the packing process early.
- Choose a reliable moving company – this may be the most important piece to a successful long distance or cross country move. Do you research and get several quotes before settling on your chosen movers.
- Create a thorough packing schedule – if you do a little bit at a time over weeks you will be less likely to feel stressed during the final crunch. Start with lesser-used areas of the home such as the attic or basement, and work your way into the main living area rooms.
- Sort your belongings – moving is a great opportunity to get rid of unused or unwanted items. Sell, donate, or throw away unwanted belongings before you begin the packing process. You will be saving yourself a lot of work.
- Pack well – don’t just throw everything into unlabeled boxes. You can look over our packing guides to help you with the process. The key is to secure your items well, and label as you go.
Follow these cross country moving tips and you will be likely to have a successful move. For all of your long distance moving needs – Arpin is here and ready to serve you. Call us at 877-856-4660.
Find an Arpin Agent
Find an Arpin Mover in your area.