Earth Day By The Numbers
Here are a few incredible statistics:
- In 2014, there were 1,183 hydroelectric, wind, geothermal, biomass, solar, and other electric power generation businesses in existence
- The number of employees spanning these companies totaled to 12,456.
- In 2015, 106,737 housing units across the country were using solar energy as their primary source of heat.
- This totaled to 0.1% of all homes.
- Also in 2015, 885,188 people rode a bicycle to work.
- This totaled to 0.6% of American workforce.
To see a full list of statistics, click here.
Also, to learn more about Earth Day, click here.
Next week, Arpin will participate in their 3rd Annual Arpin Earth Week. We’ll have a recap of the events in our next blog post, so be on the lookout for that!