- The first Thanksgiving Day was celebrated at Plymouth, Massachusetts, and was a three-day event.
- Deer, lobster, chicken, fish, chestnuts, maple syrup, cabbage, and goat cheese are thought to have made up the first feast.
- The first Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade took place in 1924.
- Snoopy has been in the parade longer than any other balloon.
- Thanksgiving is always celebrated on the last Thursday in November in the U.S.
- 15 pounds is the average weight of a purchased turkey, which usually has about 70% white meat and 30% dark meat.
- The President pardons a live turkey every year, then it lives the rest of its life on a historic farm.
We hope everyone has a great time and stays safe during the holiday!
Find an Arpin Agent
Find an Arpin Mover in your area.