The Moving Industry and the Internet
If you’re a moving company, here are a few tips to become more presentable to the consumer:
- Update your website. Since we’re in the moving industry, consumers want information about a quote as fast as possible. Make sure there is an area where people can submit their information and let them know when they should hear more info.
- Take advantage of social media. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Google+ are the big social media sites where you can easily promote for free. Create profiles and update your audience with moving tips and photos.
- “Google” yourself. It’s always good to know who is talking about you on the Internet. There may be reviews or potential customers asking questions that you may not have seen before. Now is the time to find and answer them.
We’ve touched upon the moving company, but what about the consumer? If you’re looking for a moving company, here are a few things to keep in mind.
- Check out the company’s ratings. Click here to make sure they’re an AMSA certified ProMover.
- Read reviews. You can do this on all major review sites, such as Angie’s List, Yelp, and Customer Lobby.
- Ask friends and family. Those close to you are the best resource to help you select a company since they may have first hand experience.
Whether you’re a moving company or a consumer looking for one, knowing how to take advantage of the resources in front of you is immensely important.