Things You Didn’t Know About The Fall Season
However, there are probably a bunch of facts about fall/autumn that you never even knew about. FactRetriever.com put together 42 facts and we’re sure there are some that will surprise you! Here are a few that stood out:
- Autumn is “aurora season” because geomagnetic storms are about twice as frequent as the annual average, according to NASA
- Orange and red leaves are caused due to leaves not being able to produce chlorophyll due to colder temperatures and less light
- “Pumpkin” comes from the Greek word “pepon,” which means “large melon”
- Americans use the word “fall,” while the British use the word “autumn.” But before the 16th century, this season was called “harvest”
- If you live on the equator or central area of the planet, you would never experience a fall season, because it begins when the center of the sun crosses Earth’s equator
- More people change their Facebook relationship status to “in a relationship” or “engaged” than the yearly average
- If you were born between September and November, you’re more likely to live to 100 than those born in other months
Click here to see a complete list of the facts presented by FactRetriever.com.
We hope everyone had a fun summer and will have an even better fall. Cozy up on the couch, watch some football, and enjoy!
Find an Arpin Agent
Find an Arpin Mover in your area.