Arpin Group Dedicates New “Green” Global Headquarters to Late Paul Arpin, Sr.
In attendance was Margaret “Peggy” Arpin, who cut the ribbon on behalf of her late husband. Also present were U.S. Rep. James Langevin and U.S. Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse, as well as Arpin employees and regional agents.
“The architects planned a facility with a strong corporate presence complemented by a sustainable, modern design,” said David Arpin. “Bisbano & Associates and Nappa Construction Management did a tremendous job of integrating the new design with the existing structure and they’ve helped us to balance our environmental goals with occupant comfort and productivity.”
Arpin Group’s new global headquarters is evidence of its tremendous growth since the company first broke ground at its West Warwick, R.I., location in 1983. Since then, the company has grown to over 260 employees, with a network of approximately 700 van operators, including contractors and agent-employed drivers.
The Arpin headquarters expansion also reflects its global growth. Currently, the company maintains operations in the Americas, Europe and Asia. Moreover, Arpin’s new and renovated facilities demonstrate the commitment of the company to continue to grow responsibly by taking full advantage of innovative and emerging green technologies. A significant investment was made to increase the efficiency of the critical components of the building’s infrastructure and communication architecture. The project’s cornerstone is a new state-of-the-art 174kw solar array, which was erected on the company’s underutilized warehouse rooftop. The clean energy system is expected to supply more than 40 percent of the energy necessary to operate both buildings located on the Arpin campus.
The project has added 2,834 square feet to the building, including a new media room, an expanded lobby, and a new corridor connecting the office building and warehouse on two levels. Enhancements include:
- Solar array, containing 912 solar modules covering approximately 100,000 square feet, which provides 40 percent of the building’s electrical power.
- New roofing on the office building and warehouse with highly reflective membrane that reduces heat gain.
- New insulated solar reflective windows that prevent heat gain while letting in more natural daylight. Skylights are also fitted with this special glass.
- New energy-efficient rooftop package HVAC units with full economizer function.
- Radiant heating in new connector to minimize drafts between connected buildings.
- Occupancy sensors to control lighting.
- All new flooring made from “green” materials.
- New furniture workstations made from recycled content.
Significant upgrades to the communication architecture include:
- IP convergence (voice, video and data).
- Increased Internet and site-to-site bandwidth.
- Updated Cisco Unified Communications Manager telephone system.
- Upgraded data center storage and software.
- Upgraded e-mail system.
Find an Arpin Agent
Find an Arpin Mover in your area.