Happy Mother’s Day!
Do you know the history of Mother’s Day? If not, we’ve got some awesome facts from the U.S. Census Bureau!
- The first Mother’s Day observance was organized by Anna Jarvis on May 10, 1908 in Grafton, WV and Philadelphia, PA.
- In 1914, Congress designated the second Sunday in May officially as Mother’s Day.
- The number of mothers between the ages of 15 and 50 in 2014 was 43.5 million.
- The number of registered births in 2015 was 3.98 million, down less than one percent from 2014.
- Noah and Emma were the most popular baby names for boys and girls, respectively, in 2015.
- The number of stay-at-home moms in 2016 was 5 million.
These are only a few of the statistics pertaining to Mother’s Day. If you’d like to see more on this holiday or other statistics in general, click here. (www.census.gov)
Enjoy the weekend!
Find an Arpin Agent
Find an Arpin Mover in your area.